For this art activity, I chose to do it in my living room.
- I thought this experience would be really boring because I would have nothing to do.
- At first I thought this experience would be easy, but then I realized that after 5 minutes it was pretty hard.
- After thinking about what to do, I realized that I should just go with the flow and relax. It was liberating.
- I slept better because I wasn’t stuck looking at my phone or laptop for so long. I am usually sleep deprived. To sleep well every night would be like being on vacation.
- Living without electricity makes you reflect about yourself and your environment. You think about other ways to find light or entertainment without harming the environment. With no electricity, you are by yourself with the rest of the universe.
- Living without electricity is more limited because there is so much you cannot do. Our world lives off of electricity. Since we are so used to having electricity to power our sources of entertainment, it was boring.
- I am not sure how people survived without constant stimulation. They probably meditated and did lots of physical activities.
- I want to be well connected with myself and nature. I do not want to be so dependent on technology that I might go crazy. I want to be at peace with nature and a good book, or maybe do yoga one day. It’s good to have electricity, but it is also nice to take a break from it all.